My Lawyer Abroad

Call a lawyer now

Spain: Certificate of personal status

4 min read

keep calm and trust your lawyer

Certificate of personal status

  • What is it?
  • Who can request it?/present
  • How to request it/present

What is it?

The Certificate of Personal Status is the document that certifies that a person is alive, as well as their marital status.

Certification of life and single, widowed or divorced status is issued by the corresponding document from the Registrar or Acting Registrar of the Civil Register (following an appearance by the individual in question). That the person is alive can also certified by the appearance of the individual or by a notarised certificate of appearance, and the single, widowed or divorced status, by a sworn affidavit or solemn affirmation by the individual or by a notarised certificate.

Who can request it?/present

It may be requested by any citizen who so requires.

How to request it/present

  • In person, before the Registrar or Acting Registrar of the Civil Register corresponding to the residence, and by delegation, before the Justice of the Peace corresponding to the residence of the individual in question.
  • Whenever possible, the individuals themselves will certify their identity or marital status.
  • Given the special nature of this procedure, the interested party must go personally to the Civil Register corresponding to their residence, with their National Identification Card (DNI) and, when appropriate, their Family Book. If the individual is unable to go personally due to a disability, another person may go in their place, providing in each case a copy of their National Identification Card, a copy of the interested party’s National Identification Card, and a recent medical Certificate (medical Certificates older than fifteen days will not be accepted, generally) or other documents that certify the situation.
  • Marriage is proven with the marriage certificate, and therefore the “Married Status Certification” will not be issued.

Problems with your application?

If you encounter any problem, feel free to ask our Team, we will be happy to assist you everywhere!

Join our Community around the world:


Feel free  to CONTACT us. Our team will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your trust in our Lawyers Network!

Business Assets, Children, Divorce, Collaborative Divorce, Collaborative Family Law, y Collaborative Law, Collaborative Lawyer, Court Judge, Court Proceedings, Divorce Proceedings, Court System, Divorce Law, Divorce Lawyer, y Divorce Lawyers, Divorce Mediation y, Divorce Mediator, Divorce Separation, Divorce Settlement, Divorce Solicitor, Divorce Solicitors, Divorce With Dignity, Email, Family Disputes, Family Lawyer, Family Mediation, Feelings, Financial Settlement, Guidance Information, Meetings, Inheritance, Will, y Law, Love and Marriage, Mediator, Parenting, Parenting Classes, Parents, Reassurance, Resolution, Legal Website, Lawyers website, Separation And Divorce, Separation Divorce Solicitor, Spending Time, Truth International Divorce, Mixed Marriage, International Marriage, International child abduction y, Divorce Lawyer in y, Lawyer in English in y, Lawyers in y, English attorneys in y, Barristers y, Solicitors in y, y law firm, Attorneys y, Law firm y,  rental agreement, Attorneys y,  will, y lawyers, Personal injury legal advice,  solicitor,  lawyers,  lawyer, y lawyers,  property prices, Car accident layers in y,  will,  lawyers, Inheritance tax y, Buying land in y, House repossessions, Accidents claims, Rented house insurance, I need a bank account in y, Sale in , Option to buy contract, Expats in y, Mobility services in y, Relocation companies y, Legal services, Free tax lawyer advice, Buying property in y, How to tax lawyers y, Child custody in y, Divorce with children in y, Divorce in y, In need a lawyer in y, Criminal case y, Legal advice in y, International trade Lawyers y, Car traffic accidents y, taxation law y, Export y, Import y, Sales Agents Contract y, Distributor Contract y, Distribution Agreement y,  solicitor,  solicitors, y solicitors, Solicitors y,  lawyers, Inheritance y, Wills y, Casa rural y, Property prices in y,  inheritance tax,  house prices,  wills, Inheritance y,  solicitors, Solicitors y, y real estate market, Inheritance y,  will, Mortgages in y,  power of attorney, y land, Buy a house in y, Buy a villa in y, Mortgages in y, Move to y, Set up a  businesses, Set up a business in y, Voluntary repossession,  business lawyers, Time share sellers, Attorney y, Legal advice y, English speaking lawyers in y, Property lawyers y, Online solicitors advice,  taxes, Lawyer international, Lawyers service, International real estate lawyer, Multi service law firm, International Lawyers Network.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

Aviso de cookies