My Lawyer Abroad

Call a lawyer now

Spain: Renewal of the residence authorization for family reunification.

6 min read

Renewal of the residence authorization for family reunification: It is the renewal of the temporary residence authorization for family reunification that will be obtained by the reunited family members.

Directive 2003/86 / EC, of ​​September 22, on the right to family reunification.
Organic Law 4/2000, of January 11, on the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration (articles 16 to 19).
Regulation of Organic Law 4/2000, approved by Royal Decree 557/2011, of April 20 (article 61).

Not to be a citizen of a State of the European Union, of the European Economic Area or of Switzerland, or relative of citizens of these countries to which the regime of citizen of the Union applies.
Lack a criminal record in Spain.
Be a temporary residence authorization holder for current family reunification or be within ninety days after its expiration.
Have health care because it is covered by Social Security or have private health insurance.
That the group member is the holder of a valid residence authorization or is within the period of ninety days after its expiration, and that the family or kinship bond or the existence of the de facto union on which the granting of authorization to renew.
Where appropriate, have the children in their care of compulsory schooling age during their stay in Spain.
Having paid the fee for processing the procedure.
Have sufficient financial means to meet the needs of the family: at least 100% of the IPREM. Income from the social assistance system may be computed.
Have adequate housing.

Note: in general copies of the documents must be provided and the originals must be displayed at the time the application is submitted

Application form in official form (EX – 02) in duplicate, duly completed and signed by the regrouped. This form can be obtained at
Copy of the complete passport, travel title or registration card in force of the regrouper.
Copy of the complete passport, travel title or registration card in force of the regrouping.
Where appropriate, documentation proving the validity of the marriage or the relationship analogous to the spouse.
Documentation accrediting to have guaranteed health care.
Certified copy of the documentation proving that the group has enough employment and / or financial resources to meet the needs of his family. To do this you can submit:
In case of performing lucrative activity for others:
Copy of the employment contract.
If applicable, last declaration of personal income tax.
In case of doing lucrative activity on your own:
Accreditation of the activity that develops.
If applicable, last declaration of personal income tax.
In case of not performing any lucrative activity in Spain: certified checks, travel checks or letters of payment or credit cards, accompanied by a bank certification of the amount available as credit for said card or bank certification.
Where appropriate, a report issued by the competent autonomous authorities that accredits the schooling of minors subject to compulsory schooling who are in charge.
Where appropriate, documentation proving that there are humanitarian reasons that justify the reduction of the required income.
Documentation accrediting having adequate housing.
If you continue at the same address declared to obtain the initial authorization, you must provide a document that proves the validity of the occupation title.
If there is a change of address, a report issued by the competent body of the Autonomous Community of the place of residence of the regrouper must be attached. The report may be issued by the Local Corporation when so established by the Autonomous Community. You can consult the competent body at your place of residence at the following address:
This requirement may be justified by any means of proof admitted in Law in the event that the Autonomous Community or the local Corporation has not issued and notified the report within thirty days from the date of the request.

The report or documentation that is presented in its substitution must make reference to: title that enables the occupation of the dwelling, number of rooms, use to which each of the dependencies is destined, number of people who inhabit it and conditions of habitability and equipment. A copy of the proof of having made the request for a report to the Autonomous Community or local Corporation must also be provided.

In case of not accrediting the fulfillment of any requirement, you can provide a positive report from the Autonomous Community of your place of residence in which the integration effort of the foreigner is recorded.
Important note: when documents from other countries are provided, they must be translated into Spanish or co-official language of the territory where the application is submitted.

On the other hand, any foreign public document must be previously legalized by the Consular Office of Spain with jurisdiction in the country in which said document has been issued or, where appropriate, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation except in the case in which said document has been apostilled by the competent Authority of the issuing country under the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 and unless said document is exempt from legalization under the International Convention.

Subject legitimized to submit the request: the regrouped, personally or through representation.
Submission of the application: it must be submitted together with the renewal of the regrouper and, where appropriate, with those of the other regrouped.
Place of presentation: in any public registry and addressed to the Immigration Office of the province in which the foreigner has residence.
Temporary residence fee for family reunification: it will accrue at the time of admission to the application process, and must be paid within ten business days, they are:
If applicable, obtain temporary residence: Model 790 code 052 section 2.2 “renewal of temporary residence authorization
If applicable, obtain long-term residence: Model 790 code 052 section 2.6 “long-term residence authorization
The payment form can be downloaded from the Internet portal of the Secretary of State for Public Administration
Term of resolution: the period of notification of the resolution is three months from the day following the date on which it had entered the registry of the competent body for processing. After this period has elapsed without the Administration having given an express response, it will be understood that the request has been estimated due to administrative silence. (When it has not been possible to notify the resolution, it will be announced on the Single Edictal Board (TEU) If you had opted for electronic or regulatory notification, you were obliged to use that medium, the resolution will be will notify by publication in the electronic headquarters. If the resolution is not accessed within 10 business days of its publication, it will be notified).
Within one month of notification of its concession, you must personally request (in the case of minors, the representative, accompanied by the minor) the Foreigners Identity Card at the Aliens Office or Police Station of the province where authorization has been processed. To see where to go, the schedule and if you have to make an appointment you can consult
The regrouped and, where appropriate, his representative will show his passport or travel document at the time of the fingerprint process to prove his identity and will provide:
Foreigner identity card application, in official form (EX – 17) available at
Proof of payment of the card fee
Three recent color photographs, in white background, passport size.
In the event that the regrouping is a minor, documentation proving the representation.
The validity of the regrouping authorization will be extended until the same date as the authorization of the regrouping holder.

*The content of this page is merely indicative. Only the provisions of the regulations in force at the time the application is submitted is applicable.

Last update: January 2016

Feel free  to CONTACT us if you wish. Our team will be happy to assist you. Thank you for your trust in our Lawyers Network!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Este sitio web utiliza cookies para que usted tenga la mejor experiencia de usuario. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para la aceptación de las mencionadas cookies y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

Aviso de cookies